Be a part of history and come to Chicago’s first ever Lightsaber Freeze Mob! The event is hosted by EDGE Theatre (MacSith) and Chicago Jedi.
Whether or not you've taken Lightsaber Classes with EDGE Theatre or even if you don't have a costume, come see Star Wars fans gather around and celebrate being a Star Wars fan on this event.
Where: Buckingham Fountain
Time: 7:00PM – 7:15PM
Here’s how it’s going to go down –
· Costumed participants circle on the west side of the park
· Non costumed participants make a circle around them.
· The Costumed Sith will light up, than the costumed Jedi. They strike a battle pose and then freeze.
· The non-costumed participants count to 15 (1-1000, 2-100 and so on) Ignite their light sabers and take a battle pose than freeze.
· We all count to 15 and do one battle pose and freeze for 15 seconds.
· We then head out.
Safe, simple and fun. No light saber no problem. Use the force!
Here’s an important message from EDGE Theatre -
Ok, every geek with a light saber (no matter what kind) head our call!
EDGE Theatre (MacSith) and Chicago Jedi are doing Chicago's first ever Lightsaber Freeze Mob.
1. THERE WILL BE NO CONTACT OF ANY KIND! NO SPARRING. IF YOU WANT TO SPAR GO AWAY AND SPAR. IF YOU BREAK THIS RULE WE WILL ASSUME THAT YOU MEAN THE EVENT OR PARTICIPANTS HARM AND CALL THE AUTHORITIES
2. No guns, blaster rifles, blasters. Not of any kind. You come with a replica gun or explosive devise we will call the police immediately.
3. All are welcome. Kids, families, adults, Costumed or non costumed. Make sure your behavior reflects a family atmosphere. You must be sober. You show up drunk, we will call the police.
4. Pick a side. Just to help the flow of battle if you aren't wearing a brown robe (Jedi) or a black robe (sith) please wear a blue ribbon on your right arm (Jedi) and a red ribbon (Sith)
5. Bring a light up light saber. If you don't have one, borrow one. (but really, get one, EDGE theatre recommends Ultra sabers This will be done at dark so lights matter. These blades are not seeing combat so it can be a light up toy.
6. By participating in any way with this flash freeze you acknowledge that EDGE Theatre and Chicago Jedi are in no way responsible for your actions and can not be held responsible for legality, accident, incident, injury, minor or catastrophic.
To get a clear understanding of the event watch the video below. EDGE theatre will be documenting the event on their facebook page.
There are 2 more events happening afterwards, so come check it out!
AI Circus: After Dark STAR WARS EDITION: The Circus Awakens! @ 8PM
All Geeks: Jingle Bells, Batman Smells @ 10PM
Hope to see you there! :)